I was blessed today to see the sunrise in Maui on my way to sell Raw Honey and Raw Chocolate @ the Farmer’s Market. We sold out of the chocolate immediately and had people who came to the market just for the honey for its medicinal purposes.
Benefits of Raw Local Honey vs. Pasteurized honey:
1. Raw honey that has not been pasteurized, clarified, or filtered – provided it is of the highest nutritional quality and safety. Please monitor giving raw honey to infants less than one year of age.
2. It is best to purchase local honey, it contain the immune stimulating properties needed for your body to adapt to its environment.
1. Attention all my athletes: Stop using artificial “carbo” boosters; switch to honey during your intensive training. Honey is ergogenic aid and can support muscle recuperation and glycogen restoration better than other carbs.
2. For cuts and sores: A salve made of honey, for diabetic ulcers, has been proven effective when other topical antibiotics are not well tolerated. It can be applied to eczema, canker sores or bleeding gums.
3. Stomach Issues: Honey and apple cider vinegar can be used for many ailments like stomach aches, constipation and even migraines.
4. Fat Loss: Honey and lemon goes to work in the body shifting the extra fat stores, thus making it usable energy for regular body functions. And, honey is cholesterol-free. It reportedly can even help to keep cholesterol levels in check.
5. Sexual Health: Raw honey can be used as a medication for men with problems of impotence and women with problems related to infertility. Warm raw goat milk and raw honey is believed to increase sperm count considerably.
6. Hair Loss, Bad Breath, YOU name it: Also, sore throats including laryngitis and pharyngitis. Honey and cinnamon can help in many areas including relief from bladder infections, arthritis, upset stomach and bad breath. It’s even supposed to be able to slow down hair loss.
So use up your honey bear and purchase raw honey @ your local Farmer’s Market.